In an attempt to address the impact that the backlog in processing outcomes on waiver and visa applications has on foreign nationals, the Minister of Home Affairs has approved that some temporary measures will be introduced to address the situation. The temporary measures will apply with Immediate effect.
1. Applications whose waiver applications outcomes are still pending will be granted a temporary extension until 30th of June 2022. Applicants who wish to abandon their waiver applications and depart from South Africa will be able to continue to do so and allowed to exit a port of entry before or on the 30th of June 2022 without being declared undesirable.
2. Applicants whose Visa applications are still pending will be granted a temporary extension until 30th of June 2022 of their current visa status. Applicants who wish to abandon their visa applications and depart from South Africa will be able to continue to do so and allowed to exit a port of entry before or on the 30th of June 2022 without being declared undesirable. Applicants are not allowed to engage in any activity other than what the visa conditions provide for.
2.1. Applications with pending long-term visa applications originate from countries that are exempt from port of entry visa requirements and who wish to travel over the upcoming festive season in April 2022, may do so by presenting their VFS receipts on arrival at the port of entry for admission into South Africa to collect their visa outcomes.
2.1.1. However, those applications with pending long-term visa applications originate from countries that are visa restricted, would require a port of entry visa and their VFS receipt in order to be re-admitted into South Africa.
3. The temporary measurers mentioned in paragraph 1 and 2 will only apply to foreign nationals who have been legally admitted into South Africa. Any further extension or modification or amendments to the terms of these concessions will be communicated in writing.
See the official statement from B.T Mavuso, Acting Director-General, below signed 1st of April 2022.
- Updated Information regarding radiological report & police clearance certificate
- DHA Visa Extension Directive in March 2023
- Neues Update zu ausländischen Waiver- und Visa-Anträgen
- Foreign Parents of South African Citizen Children are now permitted to apply for South Africa Relatives Visa inside of South Africa with an allowance to work.￼
- UPDATE: Temporary measures in respect of foreign nationals in light of a backlog being experienced in processing outcomes on Waiver applications and Visa applications.